1.) Fill out the form completely.
To fill it out successfully, you need the following information available to you (Do not send the form until all items are complete!):

  • Date the form from when you fill it out
  • The date of the last injury/illness that resulted in days away from work
  • The approximate total number of hours worked by all employees
  • The number of deaths reported by your company
  • The number of injuries/illnesses with days away from work
  • The actual, total number of days away from work

2.) Only report information during the last six month reporting period. Either January 1 through June 30 or July 1 through December 31.

3.) Please use the company name you registered for the council under.

4.) Your Semi-Annual Report must be submitted online at www.safecolumbus.org.

5.) Your incentive rebate and status with the BWC is completely in your hands. If this report is not submitted, or submitted late, there is NO GUARANTEE your company will remain eligible for the discount.

Why am I being asked to submit this form?

There are two semi-annual reports that the BWC requires. This enables the BWC to track whether or not the Safety Council of Greater Columbus is helping its members to improve their safety record. This information is also used to determine which companies are eligible for BWC awards.

When is it due?

This form is due no later than 5 p.m. on July 15, 2019 (for period Jan. 1 – June 30, 2019) and Jan. 15, 2020 (for period July 1 – Dec. 31, 2019). There are no extensions. These deadlines are set by the BWC. You must submit your report to the Builders Exchange. Nothing should be sent directly to the BWC.

What happens if I decide not to submit?

If a company elects not to report the information requested, they become ineligible for any rebate on their company’s workers’ compensation, and the company is also ineligible for any of the awards offered from the BWC during the incentive year.

What if I don’t know the information requested?

Anyone in your office can fill out the required information. If you’re not directly responsible for recordkeeping, workers’ compensation or human resources, ask someone for help in your office. If you’re unsure of what is being asked, feel free to call Rosie Leuby at the BX, 614.486.9521 ext. 224 or send an e-mail to rleuby@bx.org.

What if I am exempt from the recordkeeping portion of the federal regulations?

Employers with 10 or fewer employees are exempt only from the recordkeeping portion of federal OSHA requirements. You are still required to know the information, and often your TPA (Third Party Administrator) is able to help you with this information.